CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
Deadline to Submit: February 28, 2017
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION
Crisis Intervention Team International welcomes a Call for Presentations for the 2017 CIT International Conference to be held in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, August 16-18, 2017. Conference participants include law enforcement personnel, corrections personnel, behavioral health professionals, persons living with behavioral health disorders, family members, advocates, judges / court personnel, public defenders / prosecutors and policy makers. Submissions will be reviewed and selected by the Conference Workshop Committee. Presentations may address multiple topic areas regarding criminal justice / behavioral health systems and issues.
PRESENTATIONS SHOULD FOCUS ON THE CRISIS INTERVENTION TEAM PROGRAM
Topics may include program development, implementation, evaluation, research, and sustainability issues; innovative CIT and community collaborations for adult, adolescent, and children populations; trauma, recovery, and resiliency; vicarious liability and self-care; and jail / prison diversion for persons living with mental health concerns and their families.
Please review the instructions outlined below. At the end of these instructions, CLICK on the button to be taken to the online Presentation Submission Form.
· Length of Workshop: 60 minute or 90 minute presentation by one speaker or a panel of no more than four individuals. Video documentaries or independent film projects that are used for public relations and/or for training in CIT programs may be presented as a workshop. Film submissions should include time for an introduction and a facilitator led discussion.
· Workshop Title: Interesting title that identifies the primary focus of the workshop and catches the interest of the participants.
· Workshop Description: A clear, concise description of the workshop as it will appear in the program.
· Learning Objectives: Describe at least three measurable skills, knowledge, and/or new capacities the participant will gain as a result of the workshop (i.e., Participants will be able to list five causes of suicide).
· Presenter Bios: Provide name, title, organization, address, email, and phone number for each presenter. Include a presenter bio.
· Primary Contact: Provide name, title, email, and telephone number for the person submitting the presentation submission form. This person must be able to respond to any inquiries from the conference workshop committee.
CIT International is looking for a diverse group of presentations spanning multiple topics in support of the Crisis Intervention Team Program. Our attendees want to leave the conference with new ideas that have real world applicability and/or demonstrated results. Presentation topics will be selected that best illustrate these characteristics and are interactive with the audience and draw audience appeal.
Deadline for submission of a presentation is February 28, 2017. Presenters will be notified of acceptance by April 14, 2017.
To submit your presentation proposal, please CLICK on the submission button at the bottom of this page. When you complete the form, click PUBLISH and it will be sent to the conference workshop committee.
Do I have to be a member of CIT International to submit a proposal?
No, one does not have to be a CIT International member to submit a proposal. We accept presentation proposals from any qualified person.
Can vendors propose a presentation?
Yes, by following the same procedures as described above. If an organization or entity wants to be a vendor, please click HERE.
Do you cover expense for workshop presenters?
Presenters are responsible for their own transportation and accommodations and must register for the conference. The registration fee for workshop presenters is at a discounted rate.
Do you require handouts for presentations?
Presenters are required to provide handouts during the session if needed to engage the audience. CIT International will not make copies for handouts.
Do you require a copy of PowerPoint presentations?
If a presenter plans to use a PowerPoint presentation, they must provide CIT International with an electronic copy.
When will I know if I have been selected?
Everyone who submits a proposal will be contacted by April 14, 2017.
Who can I contact with further questions regarding workshop proposals?
E-mail the Conference Workshop Committee at email@example.com
Who can I contact with general questions regarding the conference?
E-mail the Conference Planning Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
To Submit a Presentation Proposal Click Link Below:
Once on the Catalyst site you must first Register
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF A PRESENTATION IS:
February 28, 2017